5 HIGH END AND HIGH STREET FOUNDATION REVIEWS, SWATCH TESTS



Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing five different foundations that range from light to full coverage. The prices between my foundations vary; with some being high end and others being high street. Some of these foundations I have been using for years and others I have been using for a few weeks. I will be providing you with SWATCH tests on all of the foundations, and showing you the tools that I use to create a flawless finish.


( Left to Right : No7 Stay Perfect Foundation, Maybelline Fit me Foundation, MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and Revlon's Photo Ready Foundation)



I have been using this foundation for a good two years now, its light weight and easy to build upon. This foundation is medium to full coverage but requires a couple of layers to create a flawless look. I would recommend this product to people with combination normal to dry skin because the foundation is moisturising and has SPF15 inside it. The colour match service provided by Boots is fantastic because you're guaranteed to find a foundation in your shade as there is a wide variety. I don't really think you could go wrong for £14.50 when the foundation lasts for ages. The foundation matches my skin tone so well, however I usually opt for darker shades because I want to be more tanned.

I would rate this foundation a 3.5/5 because its lightweight and good for the price!

I apologise for the poor lighting guys, the light brown colour on the far right is the shade of this foundation. 



This foundation got recommended to me by a friend a couple of months ago, she has the same skin tone as me and used this product religiously. I thought I would try it out and see what the hype was about; first of all I think that the packaging is really boring.
 The packaging of a product is so important because it usually determines whether I buy it or not; sometimes I've bought products purely because the packaging was nice. The foundation retails at £7.99 which is really affordable if you're on a budget. 

The shade range of the Fit me foundations really dissapointed me because in my local Boots shop there was only a choice of 3 colours to choose from. However when I looked online there is a variety of shades but it is a massive gamble because you don't know what colour will match your skin tone best. I feel like Maybelline doesn't really cater to darker skin girls, which is a daily struggle for me.
In terms of coverage, I would say that this foundation is light to medium because it doesn't completely conceal impurities but can be built up. I usually use one layer of this foundation before I apply my MAC Studio Fix Fluid to create a matte finish.

I would rate this product  2.5/5 because of the lack of shades available for darker skin zones.



I have only used this foundation a handful of times, it is medium coverage which can be built up to full coverage. I do find that if I apply this foundation after I have put a primer/moisturiser on my face first that it becomes very oily and tends to come off my skin very easily. Although there is a wider variety in the shade range for Revlon as apposed to Maybelline, the foundation itself is very pinkie/yellowy toned and would need to be mixed with another foundation to avoid this. 
So far this foundation hasn't wowed me and for £12.99 in the Beauty outlet, I thought it would have by now. 

I would rate this foundation for a 2/5 purely because it doesn't stay on my skin for very long and I hate having to apply loads of layers throughout the day. 




This is one of my favourite foundations because it has a matte finish and is full coverage! I am so obsessed with foundations that provide full coverage to hide my blemishes. I have heard so many mixed reviews about this product that I decided to try it out for myself!. I have worn this foundation out on many nights out and it has stayed in place all night long. It is more on the high end spectrum of foundations retailing at £30.00, which is a good investment if you like high quality products. I had my shade tested for this foundation back in February and after going on holiday, I have come back too dark to be able to wear this. Even 3 months after I came back from holiday, it is still too light for me which secretly breaks my heart. So I think this foundation will have to be saved for the winter when I am slightly lighter.

I would rate this foundation 4/5 because although its an all round great foundation, it can sometimes be hard to remove using make-up wipes or Garnier Micellar water.

As you can see from this picture, Ivory Beige is way too pale for my skin at the moment *sighs*




 And my all time favourite foundation goes to........ MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I purchased this foundation on holiday for around $30 and can't get enough of it! The texture of the foundation is very creamy and it applies evenly if used correctly (with a beauty blender). This product is full coverage  and I tend to use one layer day to day, and two-three layers if I am going on a night out. This shade is darker than my natural skin tone, however when mixed with concealer it evens it out.
I have had this foundation since April and I still have loads of product left, despite using it everyday which is great!

The only thing that annoyed me about this product is that it didn't come with its own foundation pump, which makes it extremely difficult to pour out. I eventually bought my own one because I got frustrated with how much product that I was wasting when doing my foundation.

I would rate this foundation a 4/5 because there is a wide variety of different shades and the coverage is fab!.



Final SWATCH test 

Left to Right ( Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear, No7 Stay Perfect Foundation, Revlon Photo Ready Foundation, and MAC Studio Fix Fluid)




FOUNDATION TOOLS
A Beauty Blender




Thank you for reading my blog post! Comment below your favourite foundations and any you think that I should check out :) 

Love you all


Leah x



Comments

Popular Posts